I took this picture on August 2nd 2015 at the Sage Creek camp ground in Badlands National Park. We were on our way to Sturgis 75th. We left Omaha NE around 9 AM. We rode Highway 275 through Nebraska about the time we Clearwater Nebraska It started to downpour. After about an hour and a half at a great little cafe with good food waiting for the rain. Once the rain let up we were back on the road and got into Valentine NE. After getting some gas we heading North on 83 until we we got to 44 then turned West into Interior SD where we cruised through Bad Lands National Park. After riding some gravel we found Sage Creek campground. Sage Creek is a free primitive campground in the park. The grounds are simple and nice. a few picnic tables and outhouses. It was a better night sleep than I expected. It was my first long distance ride and 540 miles was a good day and I enjoyed it. We had some breakfast and headed West on 44 though Rapid city. We took our time as we tooled through enjoying the scenery as we passed outside of the city into the open Traffic was a lot lighter than I expected and the ride was great as we headed North on highway 385 into Deadwood. Just as I approached the Lead / Deadwood split my charging system died. after some looking we figured out we didn't have the means to fix it and I was running a shoestring budget and could't afford parts at the rally so we loaded it up in the chase truck and hauled it the last couple miles into Sturgis. Traffic was horrible at this point. We Finally made it to Lamphere campground. We set up camp and I turned in for the night. Morning came and a trip to get uhaul to get home followed. once the bike was loaded in the Uhaul I parked back at the campground and hoofed it up to Full throttle.
Thank god for Full Throttle It saved my trip. It let me have fun, drink, watch show and see bikes even when I was without my bike. Lots fun. I hope to see the orgional venue return.
On Tuesday I woke up loaded up my buddies bike so I could bring it back and he could head West to Yellowstone. All in all I had a lot of fun but I need to go bike with the bike functioning.


No comments:
Post a Comment